Mesh is similar to a web or net, and is most popularly manufactured from connected strands of metal, fiber, and other flexible materials. The three main types and primary uses of mesh include plastic, metal, and clothing. For plastic, polypropylene, polyethylene, nylon, and PVC are most commonly used. Metal mesh is popularly made from steel or other metals and is used in straining, such as in making tea, or draining pastas. In clothing, mesh is considered a loosely woven or knitted fabric that offers a number of closely spaced holes and is frequently used for athletic jerseys and other clothing.
Mesh’s multi-material manufacturing and woven quality allows the fabric to provide many purposes to the average and specified user. We’ve listed just a few of those purposes below:
- Metal and nylon wire filters for filtration of unwanted items
- Wire mesh can be used in creating waste baskets, park benches, and other forms of baskets
- Wire screens as those on windows and mosquito netting
- Wire mesh can be used to create guarding and protection for secured areas
- Woven mesh is a necessary material to the screen printing industry
- Fencing for poultry and livestock
- Surgical mesh
- Humane domestic animal trapping
If you think mesh may be of use to you or your company, read more about our specifications and manufacturing process.